Fundamentals of Quality Engineering
This course covers the basics of quality management and, specifically, the main quality management paradigms, the ISO 9000 series of standards, and quality awards.
After completing the course, the student will be able:
– to understand, summarize and compare the main quality management paradigms;
– to understand and summarize the ISO 9000 series of standards and the main quality awards;
Course Content Summary
- Definition of quality.
- Quality management paradigms: craft production, quality control, quality assurance, total quality management.
- The ISO 9000 series of standards.
- Quality Awards.
- Assessing quality; cost and value of quality.
Lectures and case studies
- Mirandola, Qualità e cultura di impresa: sistemi di quality assurance e di TQM, 2 CD, ETS 2000,
- C. D. Montgomery, Introduction to statistical quality control, J. Wiley and Sons, 2001.