The Innovation Olympics is an “action learning” program developed by IXL-Center, based in Boston-USA, and run with top universities around the world. Trento was among the first universities in Continental Europe to offer this program to their students.
The program usually has 4-5 teams of 4-5 students from different disciplines, countries and cultures to compete for 8-10 weeks in finding the best solutions to challenges posed by corporations.
What are the benefits for students?
- Learn state of the art innovation management skills and tools that were developed with the Global Innovation Management Institute, one of the world’s most prestigious Innovation Management Boards in the world
- Learn how to structure, evaluate and implement business concepts (“from idea to market”)
- Enrich their CV with a new experience and improve job-readiness
- Have exposure and feedback from entrepreneurs and managers
- Gain access to the “Innovation Associate” certificate issued by GIMI and recognized worldwide
- Test their leadership
- Have fun
In case of outstanding results by one or more students groups, there are good chances that companies will offer internship opportunities to the most promising students.