Industrial Systems Modeling
This course aims at developing capabilities of systems thinking by introducing basic engineering theory, methods, and tools, aiming at:
- improving the use of systems engineering methodologies & tools to the design of industrial processes
- enhancing the application of systems engineering methodologies & tools to a real project for a real customer
- highlighting system engineers’ role and responsibilities within organizations
Course Content Summary
- Systems theory: A multidisciplinary point of view of the art of managing complexity in an integrated composite of people, products, and processes that provide a capability to satisfy a stated need or objective.
- Decision making: Decisions under uncertainty and under risk, decisions made by a group, several possibly criteria and contradictory objectives, multicriteria decision modeling.
- Fuzzy inference system: Definition and structure of a fuzzy inference system (FIS). Block diagram for a FIS. Mandani’s model. Defuzzification methods. Sugeno’s model. Building a fuzzy expert system: Case study.
Course materials available on e-learning platform Comunità Online