International Entrepreneurship – Managing a Ramp Up
Once your business is set up, it is time to ramp it up and make it a success. Students will learn how to do it, receive some tools and practice through case studies and real business situations.
Course Content Summary
Students will learn how to scale up their business once a business idea turns up to become a real business. This task is even more demanding if an alliance is necessary to make the business flying. To tune the students to this mood and make them expert professionals we follow the logic path:
- Ramp up, scalability, growth and stabilization of a new business either in the division of a big company or in a start-up
- Specificity of lean control in a fast growing company
- Pathologies of an alliance: IPR issues, deadlock, conflict escalation, breach, termination all analyzed from a non-legal point of view
Blended MOOC or Flipped class. I.e. students are exposed to a 10-15min video outlining a concept. Such concept is internalized through discussions in class. Immediately after the concept is applied using case studies and role-play realistic negotiations.
- The Lean Start up – Eric Ries
- Four steps to epiphany – Steve Blank