In business and innovation, Microsoft Excel® is a must-have skill. In this course you will learn from real examples how you can use spreadsheets to clean your raw data, integrate external data sources on the web, perform some business modeling and analysis and, last but not least, formatting best practices to directly use your spreadsheet to communicate efficiently.
After a very very short recap of excel basics (Refs & Formulas), the course is based on the following educational loop: “Problem and context – Solving strategy – Tool Explaination – Solution implementation”.
The course is based on the following modules:
- Data cleansing of raw data (string functions, regex) and enrichment (-lookup)
- Business analysis tools: Pivot, -ifs, and most used functions.
- Organize and format spreadsheets “like a pro” for readability and maintenance purposes.
- Real use case: the business model of a startup.
- Connect your spreadsheet. Import and connect external data sources and use it to feed external tools (Example: Google Maps).
Every lesson we will explain the functions and excel capabilities that can help us a solve the business problems. During each lesson we will do small exercises together (participants should bring their laptop). At the end of every lesson there will be a “homework” that will be the starting point of the next lesson.